How to write a great case study for working on an Instagram account?
Cases, well-designed, well-designed and optimized for search engines, bring clients on demand. Cases are a business card, a reputation. It is very important for an SMM specialist to show a clear, sane case to a future customer. Let’s learn to PLAN CASES.
Let’s say you have a new client. Even during the negotiation process, you ask if he is against it if you promote his business and make a case. It is necessary to promise the full name of his account, links and additional PR. If consent is obtained, then you need:
1. Fill in all the data “was”.
Number of subscribers.
Number of posts per account.
What is the goal of the client for you.
Average number of orders per month.
Period of work (as long as you agreed).
2. Then you write “it is”.
Number of subscribers.
How many posts were made for the client: in the account and advertising with bloggers.
Has the engagement grown and how much.
Has the number of orders increased?
If you can calculate the client’s profit (check with him) – it’s generally super.
3. What they were doing. The main part of the case.
a) If you changed the account design, then why did you have to do it. Disassembled screenshots of the old design – what was wrong there. Who was involved in the work. How they gave the technical assignment for the design (or did it on their own). Show how it became and explain why such a concept was chosen.
b) Content. Customer content analysis. What did you see? (Insufficient number of selling posts, wrong photos, no video, or ordering from the link in the profile – all that DON’T LIKE).
What did they decide to change, what did they come up with (headings, for example), did they write a content plan and which one, was there a separate content plan for stories. How many posts are planned to be released during the period of work. How to choose the time of posting.
c) Promotion. How did you decide to promote? Was there an advertising budget for the target?
Tell us in detail about working with bloggers: how many posts were ordered, how the exhaust was measured. What activities did they come up with, what did they participate in. How the exhaust was measured from each activity carried out.
- MF and MP – did they use it.
- Mutual PR – if so, how and with whom.
- Giveaway – what, details, arrival.
- SFS is the same. Small details and results always grab the attention of readers.
- Contests – how they did it, with whom, how many days, what they did, screenshots.
Pay special attention to methods of involving people – screen comments under the client’s posts.
d) Nuances. The case becomes “alive” when you tell in a certain tone in the posts that you have chosen for the client. Market research. About the little things. About his reaction.
e) Aerobatics – a review screen plus everything.
f) If there are screenshots from third-party services related to account analysis, they must be done. This is the very social proof. Those who read perceive the text as “blah blah blah” without confirmation. If you used the target, then screenshots from the ad account.
We invite you to a new (but certainly useful and capacious) distance course “Promotion on Instagram”. You will be able to create and properly design your account, understand the difference between a personal and a business profile, study all free and paid methods of promotion on Instagram, learn how to write selling posts, create engaging stories, communicate with followers, captivating them. Competitive mechanics, catchy features, recommended, commenting – it will be interesting and useful for you. We work on Instagram, sell on Instagram, live on Instagram. And you can watch the program and sign up by simply clicking on the button.
Examples of good Instagram promotion cases
1. Why is the case of Dmitry Kvashnevsky, head of the GENIUS-INSTA agency good?
Clear, logical and understandable. That is, if a potential customer reads this case, he will see an increase in the account (and profit), an increase in the number of orders, and also understand what exactly an SMM specialist does and why it is important to promote an account comprehensively.
2. Another great case. It has the same title as the article Case: How We Tripled Sales of Handmade Candles on Instagram. What’s good here? The case is emotional. Because the product in the account is being promoted just like that – a luxury item associated with strong emotions.
First, it’s worth telling a little about the project: who is the author of the account, how he worked, why he started the account. And then there is a laconic table:
Simplicity enhances perception
Conditions at the start are clearly visible. It’s catchy. Further, the authors of the case divide all their actions into understandable stages and explain to the reader why this is so. For example, they explained what they showed in stories, what videos they shot, why they changed the dark background to a light one.
ATTENTION !! All SMM specialists have professional deforms. And we write for a zero-awareness audience. If the audience is prepared, it is still nice to see the structure and understand what has grown where and after what actions.
3. Let me give you another example. If there was no target, then the case can be drawn up with such clear sane conclusions: what worked and what did not. Case is not a victory anthem. This is the story of work, disputes, the birth of creatives.
More cases for inspiration.
I would like to tell you about this case separately. It is rather a report to a thematic conference on SMM. That is, everything is cool, but the target audience is rather their own, SMM specialists, marketers.
Illustration for the case “map of interests”, which later formed the basis of the advertising campaign
The author, may my husband forgive me, kills two birds with one stone. Attracts an audience of potential customers and at the same time trains SMM specialists. Here, even in the comments, a targetologist was sold.
12. Another case by the same author is Alexey Tkachuk (author’s blog Dnative). The case is called “Promotion of a sneaker store from 0 to 190,000 rubles in the first month.”
Is that what you first thought? “Oh, wow! Wow!” – well, to put it mildly. And if it is firm, then everyone would like to make such progress. The main thing is not to lie:
In the case, everything is laid out “on the shelves” – goals, preparation, stages of promotion
Alexey Tkachuk, project director of SETTERS, digital blogger # 1 in Runet and author of the blog dnative.ru said that:
“You can do without cases, in my opinion. But it’s difficult. On the other hand, there are a lot of specialists on the market today who do not publish cases at all. For example, I don’t give public access to practically any cases of my own (because they do not exist, just a joke). NDA and agency work imposes its own limitations.
At the same time, cases are what helps the client understand what kind of fruit you are in general. And the result doesn’t always have to be impressive. Yes, everyone likes the Cannes Lions cases, but in real life our marketing is much more prosaic. The description of the logic of work is much more useful than “Hedgehogs-cats, we have increased the number of applications by 425%!”
Cases are different: for clients, for PR, for upselling / selling. Accordingly, the information in them can be of different levels.
And the target audience is easy to choose. If you are a freelancer working with a small business, you write cases for him and write. If you are an agency working with large brands, then I would only write for marketers, as they will choose you and make a decision.
And yes. If you want to write a case study for other specialists in your industry, well, you never know, then immediately stock up on sedatives. You will definitely be torn apart by criticism. In my opinion, this is one of the reasons why there are not many cases in SMM. Well, this is usually more of a process than a project. And it is difficult to transform the process into a case. ”
P.S. To get noticed, the story “how we lost money, killed a lot of time, but in the end everything turned out well (or didn’t)”, a la Fakap’s story, would be the best option.
13. And here is a case interview. Here the service wants to natively praise itself, but no, everything is in the forehead. I advise you not to do this.
14. And here, in fact, not even a case, but a hymn to a good idea. This is a business story based on the study of human psychology. He promoted his account and converts followers into … his subscribers. And already sells by email.
15. Here the person simply describes the process – with all the errors. And this is captivating. Well in this case – intelligible results are calculated. The bad thing about this case is vague goals. I advise you to write down your goal clearly.
16. An excellent case by Daria Manelova describing the game mechanics.
17. I found several cases on Dasha’s blog. Each one is dedicated to a particular trick that worked. Bloggers played a certain role in the Websrafan case. Not only numbers are good, but also tips:
Where can I publish my cases?
If you do not have your own site, then:
1. Reach out to Instagrammers who blog. If you offer something interesting, new, cool and well-designed, then your case will be taken.
Wonderful guest case at Dnative site
2. Offer your case as a parsing, review and post to a good Telegram channel dedicated to Instagram.
Link to the post (and subscribe to the channel, it’s great)
5. You can start your blog on Yandex.Dzene, on Spark – if your audience is from Russia and Belarus.
6. vc.ru is a great option (get ready to fight to the death in the comments).
7. And, of course, on this nice and sweet blog. Write directly to me – [email protected] And the terms of publication – so here they are.
Sergey Kuzmenko, director of Web and Market, Executive MBA business trainer and author of training courses on Internet marketing and PR in social networks, shared his opinion. networks
“Cases and working with them are both an internal“ logbook ”in digital for both management and employees, and part of a content marketing strategy to draw attention to the agency’s expertise and possible value for clients.
From good (and often from any) cases, a methodology for transferring experience is born within a couple of years, and it is on cases that beginners are taught. For example, our courses on Smm in
90% of Minsk are made up of cases:
different types of activation to close different goals and objectives,
work with influencers, seed exchanges
Where can and should they be placed?
Yes, there may be digital portals, but you can throw wider and more set from narrower.
Trade publications, both digital and print, can be good places to plant cases that are understandable to the target audience. Real estate, transport and logistics, retail are very conservative and they still write and read there on paper. Well, thematic portals and even forums, many of which are alive and full of involvement.
Further, you can embed your cases on the blogs of the services themselves, the use of which is related to the specific expertise of the case.
We worked with parsers for both audiences (TargetHunter, Cerebro, Pepper) and content (Popsters) and now everything worked out … and the case can be sown on them and in the blog section on the site, if there is one, in the VK group, on YouTube channel will be gladly accepted as it is in their interests.
And to the question of why there are few cases I will give three simple understandable reasons:
1. The first reason is banal laziness and lack of motivation to describe their work. When the office plows well and with dedication, in the flow of clients it is not up to the verbalization and visualization of its expertise.
2. Fear of “plum”. For an experienced digital specialist, 99% of publicly available cases are nothing new, everything is according to the template. Because it is believed that a working theme is not leaked as long as it works well.
3. Fear of criticism for n2. Since most of the cases are similar, the author always fears attacks for the secondary nature of the material. ”
If you find an error, please select a piece of text and press Ctrl + Enter