Let’s first answer the question: what is social media content marketing for?
In order to warm up your audience, hook it, close its pains and even anticipate some requests. And the main thing is to create trust among potential customers. And if there is trust, then there will be sales.
So what is content marketing?
Content marketing is a complex thoughtful system of influencing the target audience . The concept itself consists of two words:
- Content – includes text, video, audio, pictures, photos.
- Marketing, as defined by Philip Kotler, is a type of human activity aimed at meeting needs and demands through exchange.
That is, content marketing is such a delivery of texts, audio, video, graphic images on different channels, which makes a person want to purchase a product or service.
Promoting a personal brand on social media without understanding the laws of content marketing is difficult at best, impossible at worst. Sometimes, to make purchasing decisions, the user needs 7 to 30 touches with the product. That is why you need to approach the target audience from different angles (from the website, mailings, social networks, messages in chat bots and other messengers).
Editorial. Read more about content marketing in the articles: “What is content marketing? Principles of Strategy Development ”and“ If you are not in content marketing, you are not on the Internet! ” .
When preparing the content, we use the “see-think-do-care” scheme proposed by the marketer Avinash Koshek. This concept is ideal for promoting any personal brand on social media.
1. To the group “See” includes users who are not yet familiar with you and your company. However, they are consumers of similar products (services). This is a wide audience. Content Marketing Mission is to raise awareness about the company:
- introduce the brand to the user;
- to raise awareness;
- generate primary trust;
At this stage, all sources that would introduce the company are involved. Coverage is key here.
The content on the psychologist’s page is aimed at familiarizing with the new service
2. Once in the group “Think” , people are at the stage of making a decision to make a purchase from you. Content Marketing Challenge:
- give full information;
- provide a choice;
- talk about the advantages over competitors.
It is important to interest:
- buns – discounts, promotions, benefits-benefits;
- social proof – reviews, guarantees.
Post on building trust in the services of a psychologist by demonstrating the benefits of this service
3. The Do stage involves a purchase. The main task of social networks is to induce a person to go to the site. At the same time, the site interface should be convenient, understandable, with a detailed description and cost of goods and services. If you urge to make a purchase right in the post, take care to provide clear and succinct instructions on how to do it.
An example of a publication with a call to action to BUY
4. Stage “Care” – the consumer should return to you, recommend you to friends. Here we use loyalty programs (bonuses for regular customers). We use content marketing to make users brand advocates.
This strategy is supported comprehensively by all Internet marketing tools: social media, SEO, blogging, email marketing, contextual and display advertising, YouTube.
At each of the stages of content marketing, texts are most often used, which should catch your target audience.
When writing a post on social networks, you need to adhere to the rule: one text = one task (to engage, educate, help, entertain, surprise, inform, sell). If you are writing instructional text, do not sell in it. And if you sell, do it discreetly.
Publish different content for each stage of the user experience:
- reputational (reviews, achievements, certificates, diplomas);
- commercial (presentation of services and seminars);
- educational (articles, myth debunking);
- interactive (polls, discussions);
- entertaining (to engage and retain audience).
Such promotion is possible at:
- own sites:
- blog on the site;
- social media pages;
- YouTube channel;
- email newsletter;
- messengers, chat bots;
- partner sites (mutual PR, collaboration);
- paid sites: seeding in groups and on social media pages:
- placement on thematic portals and blogs;
- specialized media;
- influencers (social networks, YouTube);
- events (offline and online).
How do I use content marketing to promote personalities on social media?
I have a psychologist client. And selling the services of a psychologist is not easy. This is not an emotional purchase. People mature for a while to take advantage of such services. A psychologist cannot write a post on social networks in the style of “Come for a consultation – solve your problems”. Users have logical questions: what are the problems, how the consultation will take place, and who is it for me (the client) to spend my time on it?
Getting started, we proceeded from how the user chooses a psychologist:
- recommendations of close and authoritative people for him;
- distance acquaintance at any event or conference, interest, registration for a consultation;
- subscribing to a specialist on Instagram or Facebook, and eventually a personal meeting.
That’s why we connected content marketing to cover multiple touch channels with a potential customer:
- social networks – personal page (creation and promotion of a personal brand), profile page;
- blogging on the site, YouTube channel;
- participation in specialized conferences;
- participation in a TV show of one of the Ukrainian channels as an invited expert.
And when clients come and say that they first saw the video on the YouTube channel, then went to the site and subscribed to the psychologist on social networks, watched live broadcasts, and only after they came to a specialist for a consultation, we understand that content marketing worked 100%.
I’ll give you another example. For two years we have been promoting the client on Instagram and Facebook. She is a midwife in one of the capital’s maternity hospitals and the curator of the project “Home birth under the protection of the maternity hospital.” Our goal was to attract women to this project through charisma and personal brand. Since childbirth is a very intimate moment, deciding where to give birth and with whom is weighed for a long time, all the pros and cons are analyzed. Accordingly, we prepared the content in such a way as to pass all levels – from SEE to CARE. As a result, we received such reviews on the page.
An example of feedback on the work of the content on the page. Result: the client plans to use the services in a few months
Reviews on the page as proof of working content marketing
I will not dissemble, content marketing is long and expensive. However effective! The more deliberately you get into your content marketing strategy, the better your results will be. But don’t expect a very quick response. One article in the specialized media or mailing for 2000 subscribers, or one post on social networks can give you new clients, or it may not. Content marketing is not a one-time action, it has a prolonged result, for a period of 3, 6, sometimes 12 months, and most often more than one year.
Invest time and resources in content: texts, photos and videos. And this will return a hundredfold to you in the form of clients (new and those who will be with you for a very long time).
Editorial. Do you want to become the king of the Internet? The Content Marketing course is just for you. You will learn how to create interesting and engaging content. Learn to work with headlines, make website materials viral. You will be able to analyze the effectiveness of content marketing. Remember, content is the king of the internet .
If you find an error, please select a piece of text and press Ctrl + Enter