In this article, you will learn:
- What are Instagram giveaways and how they work.
- Types of giveaways.
- Who are sponsors and how to give them.
- How much does it cost participation in the competition and how to make money on this event.
- 5 reasons why you should not take part in such sweepstakes.
At the end of the article, we will answer frequently asked questions. All information in the material is relevant in 2021.
What are Instagram givas: goals and objectives
Giveaway is one of the popular methods for promoting a profile on Instagram. This promotion method can be compared to a lottery: only instead of buying a “lucky ticket”, the user just needs to subscribe to certain Instagram accounts in order to take part in the drawing of sponsored prizes.
The essence of Giveaway is to attract a new audience to your account. Bloggers, brands, stars take part in such raffles. They become the sponsors of the give.
Further, the brand, online store or blogger will actively monetize the new audience that came with Giveaway: sell advertising, goods and services. Therefore, when paying for participation in the give, it is worth calculating the possible profit after the promotion.
For regular Instagram users, this is an opportunity to try their luck and win valuable prizes. As a rule, several valuable gifts are raffled off in one Giveaway. There is often a grand prize: for example, a luxury car.
How it works
Now let’s take a look at how Giveaway works. If a blogger who decided to hold a drawing has a limited budget, then he can perform all the actions on his own.
An alternative option is to attract organizers who create special accounts for the action. They also create optimal conditions for the drawing
Interesting: Want to get thousands of Instagram followers and likes quickly? Wind them up using the Likemania service. It is safe: the profile will not be blocked.
It’s also very cheap: the price of a subscriber is from 0.35 rubles, and a like is from 0.14 rubles.
The service attracts living people and robots. You can wind up views for videos. Start promoting your profile right now.
Start boosting followers and likes in Likemania >>>
- An organizer comes to a famous Instagram blogger: he explains the concept of the drawing, chooses gifts, explains the conditions, announces the fee for the give.
- Then the organizer looks for sponsors. These can be celebrities, brands, shops.
- When sponsors are found, the blogger – he is also an ambassador – begins to actively promote the drawing: publishes posts, writes stories, where he encourages subscribers to take part in the competition.
Subscribers’ task is to go to all sponsor accounts and subscribe to them. After that, they automatically become members of the give.
- Sponsors get new subscribers, bloggers get money, and lucky participants get valuable prizes.
Types of givov
Consider the main types of giveaways that are held on Instagram.
For classic Giveaways, special competitive Instagram accounts are created. Further, the organizers subscribe to sponsors from these profiles. So in the section “Subscriptions” the account has only 10-20 accounts.
Next step: active promotion of the drawing. The blogger-ambassador starts promoting the campaign. He says that in order to participate, you need to subscribe to Instagram profiles, which are located in the “Subscriptions” section. The winner is selected at random.
Circular givas are different from the classic ones. In this case, bloggers or companies with a similar theme – for example, 3-4 fashion shops for women – come together to hold a competition.
Each of the giveaway participants publishes an advertising post on their account, which says about the start of the drawing. All you need to do is subscribe to partner accounts.
Famous personalities participate in these givas – TV presenters, athletes, actors, singers. They have millions of subscribers, which is very attractive for sponsors and organizers. For example, Olga Buzova saw off the givas – she was playing a car.
Naturally, these are the most expensive raffles – to take part in a star give, a sponsor will have to spend at least 50,000 rubles. But it should be understood that the audience growth will be noticeable, since many show business stars have a very loyal audience.
The main difference between a personalized Giveaway and others is a small number of sponsors. Such giveaways are often held by bloggers. They take care of all the organization’s issues: they look for sponsors, form a budget for gifts, determine the winners.
The main plus of nominal (they are also called blogging) givs – bloggers attract sponsors who are similar in subject matter to his activities. For example, a beauty blogger who reviews cosmetics, “promotes” the accounts of stores that sell skin care products.
Thanks to this, only the target audience will subscribe to sponsor profiles. This means that in the end – when the promotion is over – there will be fewer unsubscriptions.
Thematic giveaways are carried out with the expectation of attracting only the target audience. The organizers find bloggers and select thematic sponsors. All traffic sources are filtered: the task of sponsors is to get followers who are interested in their product or services.
Therefore, they choose attractive products for potential target audience as prizes. This will weed out the “left” participants who, after the action, will immediately unsubscribe from the sponsors.
Sponsors are companies, brands, bloggers who want to attract a new audience to their profile. To become a sponsor, you need to pay for participation in the Giveaway.
Then it remains only to track the growth of the audience. All other questions about developing a promotion plan, choosing gifts and planning a budget are taken by the organizers.
Who can become a sponsor:
- Information Businessmen .
- Online Stores .
- Instagram Bloggers .
- Big Brands.
- Writers and musicians.
How to giveaway on Instagram: 4 rules
Let’s consider how to give a sponsor. To do this, we will share useful recommendations that will help you not to waste your money on participation.
4 tips on how to give a giveaway:
- Start small. First, take part in a small competition. Understand how givs work, and also analyze audience growth. This promotion method may not be suitable for your account.
- Research Ambassador Bloggers. In order not to drain the entire budget, see who will promote the giveaway. Conduct an audience analysis – it is desirable that the subscribers are not fooled. How to do this, read our article “How to check Instagram for cheating bots”.
- Work with a new audience. Publish interesting posts, respond to comments. Your goal is to increase the engagement of new subscribers in order to reduce the unsubscribing process after the give. To do this, provide them with value in the form of quality content.
- Offer a narrow theme prize. If you are participating in a round robin, then in order to weed out “left” subscribers, offer them a thematic prize, which is of great value for a narrow target audience. It will also lower the unsubscribe rate.
How much does it cost to enter the competition?
It is difficult to answer this question. It all depends on the chosen give – circular, classic, star, thematic or personal – as well as on the ambassador.
For example, for a Giveaway with a blogger with an audience of 100,000 subscribers, you can spend no more than 2,000 rubles. If you decide to become a giveaway sponsor of a star Instagram blogger with an audience of more than a million followers, then you can spend from 50,000 to 100,000 rubles to participate.
How do bloggers make money on givahs?
If you are a blogger, you can earn money by hosting giveaways. It is important that you have a lively and active audience – this will significantly increase the price tag for holding such sweepstakes.
Sponsors and advertisers independently turn to well-known bloggers with a proposal to hold a Giveaway. It is very difficult to name the exact amount of the fee: it all depends on the size of your audience and the number of sponsors.
For one giv, a blogger can receive both 20,000 rubles and 500,000 rubles. All an ambassador needs to do is post an ad post and periodically stir up the audience’s interest in the campaign in a story.
Pitfalls: 4 reasons why you shouldn’t participate in Giveaway
Let’s talk about the pitfalls of participating in givs. Let’s take a look at 4 main reasons why you shouldn’t participate in such promotions.
Cons of Giveaway:
- Bulk unsubscriptions. As soon as the contest is over, new users will immediately begin to unsubscribe from your profile. Several thousand followers can “leave” in one day. In the best case, there will be 5-10% of the total audience that subscribed during the giveaway.
- “Left” subscribers. Most of the new audience is not your target audience. I call them “prize-catchers”. They just want to receive a gift, which means they have no interest in your products or services.
- Decreased coverage. The disadvantages described above will lead to organic reach. When the Instagram algorithm realizes that followers are beginning to unsubscribe en masse and do not react in any way to your posts, the publications will no longer be included in the recommendations.
- Draining the budget. All the costs of participating in a give may not be paid off. For example, you are a women’s clothing store. During the competition, 10,000 people signed up. But the number of sales did not increase in any way, which means that you did not achieve your goal. Promotional money wasted.
This is important: dream of becoming popular on Instagram and start earning? Do you want to attract new subscribers and customers for your business? This will help the Zengram service – a tool for professional and safe promotion.
The tool attracts only live subscribers – your target audience. There is a free trial period (3 days).
The first results of promotion (new subscribers and clients) – already in 2-3 hours after the start.
Start promoting your account for free >>>
One line: answers to frequently asked questions
Now you know what a giveaw is on Instagram, as well as how to spend and make money on such events. Now we will answer popular questions that did not make it into the main part of the article.
How to win in a giveaway?
This question is often asked by regular Instagram users. You can increase the chance of winning: for this, create several accounts.
But if the organizers find out about your scheme, then if you win, the prize will go to another participant.
Where to look for sponsors?
If you decide to hold a Giveaway on your own, find 5-10 accounts and email them.
Tell your potential sponsor in detail and the benefits of cooperation.