Edited your photo or video with the greatest love and now can’t post or share it on Instagram Stories? The difficulty to publish on the platform may have to do with simple configuration adjustments or even bugs and errors in the social network.
Check out below what to do if Instagram is not loading your Stories.
1. Is it just you?
Before you go changing settings or making updates , it is worth checking if, by chance, there is any bug occurring with the app. For this, it is possible to check monitoring sites.
These services work in a collaborative way, in which users from all over the world report when they encounter errors or instabilities. The Downdetector and the Outage Report are the two main names and include Brazil in their screenings.
The sites take stock of the data received and, when they find a relevant flaw, they disclose it. If the problem is widespread or in your region, the best solution may be to wait for the situation to normalize.
2. New Instagram Look
Occasionally, Instagram makes some changes to the app’s layout, which may involve relocating some features. In November 2020, a visual update caused the camera icon that opened the Stories feature to disappear.
If there is no published Story, user can post by tapping His Story, to the left of the posts of those he follows. But if you already have a story done, you won’t have this shortcut.
Nesse In this case, tap on the + icon in the upper right corner of the screen. On the New Post screen, you will see an options bar. In it, choose Story as indicated in the image below. Then just share your photo or video as you always have.
3. Restart the device
Instagram itself recommends restarting your smartphone or tablet if you have a problem with the app. Yes, simply turning the device on and off can resolve simple issues such as conflicts between open processes, as well as clearing possible cached files.
4. Check your internet
Learn how to test your internet speed at PC and mobile
This is another recommendation made by Instagram itself. The platform suggests switching between a Wi-Fi network and your mobile data connection to see if the problem is with one of the networks.
If by switching from one to the other, Story gets published, then the setback is with your internet and not with Instagram.
5. Clear Instagram cache and data
Clear cache means deleting temporary data saved by programs. This information is usually automatically managed by the operating system and periodically deleted.
Manual cleaning is recommended only in specific cases, such as errors. Android allows you to perform the process through the system settings.
1. Open the app Configure and then choose Storage;
2. Now go to Other apps;
3. Search for Instagram and tap on the app;
4. On the next screen, go to Clear cache. After a few seconds, the cache will be cleared.
5. Then go to Clear Storage. This action deletes files, settings, data (such as login and preferences), among other things. Rest assured that this will not make any changes to your posts on the social network;
6. Confirm with OK.
In iOS, it is only possible by restarting the device or if the application offers the feature in its own settings .Instagram only allows clearing the search history of profiles and hashtags within the app itself.
The tool is available for iPhone and Android users. Just follow the path: profile picture in the lower right corner → three-line icon → Security → Clear search history → Clear all → Clear all.
6. Date and time: are they in automatic mode?
If there is a conflict between your phone’s date and time and the app’s, it’s possible that this is the reason why you can’t post Stories. To fix it, just turn on automatic mode on Android and iPhone. Then just close and open the Instagram app and try to post again.
1. Open the app Configure and go to the option System;
2. Then tap Date and Time;
3. Then activate the switch next to the option Use network provided time;
4. Below, also activate the key referring to the item Use time zone provided by the network.
1. Go to Settings and then tap General;
2. Then choose Date and time;
3. Activate the switch next to the option Automatically.
7. Remove GIFs (or post directly from gallery)
Saint tech site highlighted which users of Reddit noticed difficulties publishing their Stories whenever they tried to insert GIFs into the publication. Some people claim to have posted multiple videos normally. But, when they included a GIF, the error occurred.
The solution found was to post the content directly from the gallery. To do this, just create the publication in Stories as you normally would. But instead of publishing, you must save it by tapping the down arrow icon.
Due to the GIF, the content will be saved as a video, even if it is a photo. Then go to the video saved in the mobile gallery and share it as Story.
- Post content that is not your own or that you do not have authorization to publish;
- Publish nude photos and videos. Breastfeeding women, mastectomy scars and nudity in paintings and sculptures are allowed;
- Sell illicit products through the social network;
- Contents of explicit and extreme violence.
9. Update the app
Sometimes the difficulty in publishing the stories may have to do with an error that can be corrected with a simple update of the app. The process is different on Android and iOS, as you can see below.
1. Open Play Store, Google App Store. Type Instagram into the search bar to find the app;
2. If the app is not up to date, there will be an Update button. Tap on it. If the application is up to date, it will say Open instead of Update.
1. Open the App Store and go to Updates;
2. Tap the Refresh button, which appears next to the Instagram.
10. Delete Instagram (and install again)
If none of the above works, we suggest you delete the Instagram app and install it again. The tip is even given by the developers of the social network.
11. Report the problem to Instagram
If you’ve taken all the steps and still can’t post Stories on Instagram, the social network itself requests that the error be reported through the app itself.
1. Open Instagram and tap on your profile picture or the icon of a stick figure in the lower right corner of the screen;
2. On your profile, tap the three-line icon in the upper right corner;
3. In the menu that opens, choose Settings;
4. Then go to Help;
5. Then choose Report a problem;
6. In the window that opens, once again, go to Report a problem;
7. Write about your situation and if you want, include a print that can help with your justification. When finished, tap Submit.
Why can’t I share posts in Stories?
How to repost Instagram stories in 4 different ways
Are you trying to share a post in your Stories but can’t? The reasons may be simpler than you think.
- Private Account: Private accounts do not offer the option to share your posts as Stories. So, if so, that’s why you’re not seeing the Add Post to Your Story option when you click the network share icon.
- Permission to share: if the account is public and still can’t find the option to add a post to Stories, it’s possible that the user has disabled the feature.