Now in social networks they not only spend their leisure time, but also try to make money. Today we will consider one of the most popular ways to monetize and attract customers to a personal blog.
The topic of the article is how to set up advertising on Instagram through Facebook step by step. As part of the publication, we will consider the tricks and nuances of each stage of the campaign development.
How to prepare an advertising campaign yourself
Note that Instagram is developed by Facebook. The latter is able to track all the actions that users take in the photo network. Thanks to the free determination of the location, it helps in setting up ads.
Facebook sets up strict control over user actions in profiles. Moreover, after making 50 likes, the system understands what kind of person you are, what tastes you have and what you are fond of.
To start the stage of preparing an advertising campaign, follow the step-by-step recommendations:
- be sure to read all the points of the rules regarding the design of advertising campaigns;
- familiarize yourself with the Ads Manager service;
- create a valid and completed Facebook page;
- make sure that previous advertising campaigns have been paid for.
Please note that if you violate the rights of social media developers, advertising for your personal account will be denied.
Setting up a business page on Facebook
The business page will be the basis for creating ads on the social network. In this tutorial, you will learn how to create it correctly.
- Register on the site, create and complete a personal profile. Only then can you create an advertising page.
- Choose “Community” or “Public Identity” if you plan to promote your personal page. In the case of registering a page for business, select the item “Company or brand”. Then click the “Start” button.
- Next, fill in the profile if it was not there. If the page is already working, at the stage of selection, click on the item “Advertising”.
This is how your page is considered to have been created. It’s time to set up an advertising account, in which to prepare advertising banners.
Step by step ad setup for Instagram
When creating an advertisement, several factors must be taken into account. Each of them requires flexible configuration. Let’s consider what points you should pay attention to.
This is one of the important conditions, it must be observed. The goal is to set the expected actions that users must perform: click on an ad, make a click, spend a certain amount of time, make a purchase.
It should be noted that there are about 11 goals on Facebook. Let’s turn to the most relevant ones and study closer.
- Recognition. This direction creates interest in a particular product, product, service or profile that needs promotion. This item is implemented based on the attractive appearance of the page, the original photo.
- Reach. In this item you can specify the desired number of views and visits to your profile. This point will help you determine how often you want your ad to be shown to your visitors.
- Leads . This item allows you to interest users to view your offers, draw attention to your account and subscribe.
- Traffic. Shows banners only to those users who are most likely to subscribe and order a product or service.
- Installing the application. Advertisements will be shown to users who are most likely to download the program and will actively use it.
- Engagement. This goal will help customize the actions of visitors who have entered your profile: like, comment on posts, subscribe and send mailings. Look at what your competitors’ followers are doing, grab the attention of your followers in a similar way.
- Conversions. This type of setting is necessary in order to increase the likelihood of buying or following an Instagram profile.
As a result, the question often arises among users, which goal to choose. It all depends strictly on the type of ads that you plan to implement in the social network. Decide what results you expect from this method of promotion.
Having found the target solution, start creating a banner on the social network. To do this, after switching to an advertising campaign, do the following.
- Click on the selected option. In our case, it will be “Traffic”, since we are trying to attract people to our account.
- Go down below and in the “Traffic” field, determine how the budget will be spent. At the end, we press the button “Set up an advertising account”.
- Study each point carefully. Specify the currency of the country in which the ad will be displayed. Don’t forget to decide on a minimum budget. Check all settings at once. Then click “Continue”.
- In the next field, be sure to put a marker opposite the “Site” item. In this case, you can add a link to your Instagram account.
- Create a new audience. In the appropriate box, select the optimal conditions. Determine a suitable location, write down the age of the persons to whom your ad should be shown. Click the Save This Audience button.
- Select the banner placement. There is no need to complicate your life, so feel free to choose “Automatic Placements”. The Facebook administration recommends this option.
- Complete the last “Budget and Schedule” block. Indicate the optimal cost per click and link. Then write down the beginning and end of the period. You can place a marker next to the item “Continuously show ads from today”. At the end, click “Continue”.
- Go to the display format. Looks perfect in the feed type “One image or video”. 0
- Scroll down, move to the “Media” block, and then upload an image for advertising. If a suitable one is not available on the PC, you can upload the graphics from the gallery in your personal Facebook profile. Then click the “Next” button. 1
- In the next block, enter the “Title” of the ad, you can also come up with a description for it. At the bottom, where the arrow points, paste the link to your Instagram account. Scroll down the page, click “Continue”. 2
- In the next window you need to fill in your billing information. Choose the appropriate method of depositing funds: by card or using the online PayPal service. Click Continue. 3
From the moment the payment is credited, the ad will be shown to people who visit the social network.
Please Note! Upload images to create suitable banner ad formats. It is desirable that these are square pictures.
We create ad text: nuances and recommendations
To design an ad, it is not enough to choose beautiful graphics and come up with a title, you need to be able to formulate an advertising text so that it attracts attention and interests the user to read the info to the end.
The title of the ad banner should hook a potential client. Therefore, use numbers, intrigue, express your opinion. Be brief when doing this. Long sentences seem boring. Nowadays very few people read them, let alone follow the link.
The offer or account you are promoting must be beneficial to the customer. The user must subscribe to the profile and be active on it at all times.
To attract him, come up with favorable terms. For example, give away prizes, share secrets, choose a weekly winner based on the number of likes and make nice presents for him.
Call to Action
This point is also important to observe. You can call to perform an action using any words: “read on”, “more details after subscribing”, “total in the next post” and so on.
Here you can also ask to leave your contact details. When there is such a form, the user trusts the person who maintains the profile.
If you combine several of these points, it is quite possible to get attractive text. It is important that each point is on the same topic.
You can also use several formulas to help you create text even if you don’t have the slightest copywriting skill.
Formula # 1
It is considered the most popular in network marketing. It consists in observing several points:
- Grab the customer’s attention by bringing up a sensitive topic that interests him.
- Engagement. To do this, use obsession, offer something relevant.
- You have a consumer or subscriber to you. Declare how he benefits, do not talk about yourself.
- Do not neglect specifics. You must clearly tell the user what he needs to accomplish in order to receive a lucrative offer.
This option is more suitable for online stores that need organic traffic.
- Pressure on potential consumer’s sore spots.
- Using gloomy pictures in black and white.
- Give hope to the client.
- Help with optimal solution and call to action.
This type of formula can throw the visitor out of psychological balance.
Great for very short banner ads. It consists of several short points:
- a current offer;
- a time frame that indicates that the offer is limited;
- attracting attention and calling for action.
Try to attract targeted action from the visitor with an interesting call to go to the page, do not repeat the phrases of competitors, think more creatively.
Link Facebook to Instagram
Please note that in order for ads to be successfully displayed for Instagram users, you must link two accounts of different social networks. Let’s see how to do this using the example of real-life pages.
- Open Instagram account via phone, then click on the menu (three horizontal stripes), then click on the “Settings” item at the bottom. 4
- Click the “Add account” button. 5
- Next, click “Log in to an existing account.” 6
- Next in the window, click on “Login with Facebook”. A pop-up window will appear in front of you. In it you need to enter the contact information from the Facebook page and click the “Login” button. 7
- This way you link one account to another. The created ad will now show to Instagram followers.
Switch Instagram account to “business »
Usually, to advertise any services on the Instagram social network, there is a need to transfer your profile to a “business account”. Let’s see how to do it.
- Log in to your page again.
- Go to “Settings”.
- At the very bottom of the menu you see the link “Switch to a professional account”.
- Click on it, then indicate the type of activity: “Business” or “Author”.
- Choose “Author” if you are a public person.
- Click the “Next” button .
- Select the category you are in, what you will promote.
- At the end of the settings, you will receive a notification “Your author account is ready.”
By With these simple instructions, you will quickly set up your ad and attract live subscribers to your page.
Summing it up
Once you’ve figured out how to set up Instagram ads on Facebook step by step, you can create many of these ads. Compliance with all technologies will allow you to quickly implement promotion for your page on social networks.
Sincerely, Victoria Chernyshenko
specially for the proudalenku.ru project