Today Instagram is perhaps the most popular social network. It provides an opportunity not only to publish photos and videos, exhibit your Stories, but also to successfully develop your business.
Some “sit” on Instagram because they are interested in show business stars and other media personalities, others so that relatives and close friends have the opportunity to quickly get in touch, and still others simply promote their own brand. It doesn’t matter what people use this social network for.
Anyway, someday everyone, without exception, has a desire or need to make a copy of at least one publication posted there and place it in their own collection. And here you may face a certain difficulty.
Publishing a photo on Instagram is very simple – just take what you want on your smartphone or iPhone and upload the photo to the network. After that, the picture will become available to all users. Unfortunately, it will not remain on your computer. You will learn how to save a photo from Instagram to your computer from our article.
Ways to save Instagram photos to your computer
There are three ways:
- Without using special programs and third-party services.
- By installing predefined plugins and extensions.
- Using third-party resources.
Useful links: Direct – what is it on Instagram: a complete overview, How to repost on Instagram on your page, How to write an article on VK: the most extensive guide.
Now let’s take a closer look at each method.
Save the photo using a screenshot
- Find the photo you want on your desktop Instagram.
- Look at your keyboard and hit the PrtSc button.
- Go to the Start Menu (bottom left corner of your screen). You need a standard Paint program.
- Next, the key combination is Ctrl + V or the section “Home” and “Paste”. In the Paint work area, what you saved to the clipboard appears.
- You have copied the entire screen, and you only need a photo. So, you need to cut off all unnecessary. Click on the “Home” section, then “Select”, then “Rectangular Area” and outline what you need.
- Right-click, select “Crop” and save as desired.
That’s all – a photo from Instagram on your computer.
Save the photo to your computer by viewing the element code
By using third-party resources, you run the risk of infecting your computer with a virus. To prevent this from happening, download the photo using the page code.
How to do it:
As you can see, there is nothing difficult in saving a photo to a computer by viewing the element code.
Via address bar
This method is probably the easiest one:
- Open your Instagram on your computer.
- Find the photo you want to download and go to the author’s profile.
- Find the same photo in the author’s profile, left-click on it. The photo will pop up on top of all images.
- Click on the URL bar.
- Add “media? size = l” to the existing address, removing the quotes.
- Press “Enter”, the whole photo will appear without all the extras.
- Click on the right mouse button and select the option that suits you to save.
That’s it. Everything is very easy and simple!
Save with a browser extension
This method is a little more complicated, but you can download not only one photo, but even if there are several of them. With this option, you will save a lot of time. Let’s look at the example of the Google Chrome browser:
- Go to the extension store and install “Downloader for Instagram” if you haven’t already.
- Open Instagram and find the photo you want.
- Look in the upper left corner, there you will see a button “Download”, which was not there before. Click on the button.
- You just have to choose a folder to save the file and save it.
- If you want to upload several photos, tap on the green arrow “Download all” and set how many photos you need to download.
Saving photos from Insta to a computer using online services
Today, there are many resources on the Internet that allow you to save photos from Instagram to your computer. Some can only download the publications you like, others completely replace the social network.
Webbygram is an example. This resource can be safely called an alternative to Instagram. Login and password from your Instagram account are used as authorization.
After that, the user gets access to absolutely all the options of the social network: he can easily download photos, put likes, share content, subscribe, etc.
It is the simplest assistant in saving photos, as it is extremely comfortable to use and not difficult at all.
How it works:
- Go to Instagram on your computer and decide which post you are interested in.
- Move the cursor to the address bar of the browser, copy the address.
- Go to Instagrabber.ru.
- Find the line “Insert link”, paste the copied address into it and click on the arrow. 0
- Select the desired download format. 1
That’s all you need to do to upload Instagram photos to your computer.
Another online service that will help you install the desired picture on your PC, with a simple but reliable interface that is very similar to the previous site.
How it works:
- Log in to your Instagram account.
- Open the photo you want to download.
- Click on the address bar and press Ctrl + A and Ctrl + C on the keyboard alternately.
- Now go to the Gramsave website.
- Find a blank line and paste the copied address by holding down Ctrl + V on your keyboard.
- After clicking on the green bubble , click “Download” under the snapshot that appears.
Keep in mind that there are not one, but two versions of Gramsave: ru and com. If you need a service in Russian, choose ru, if you need an English version, then com.
Another resource to help download files from social networks. At the same time, downloading files is not its main task. O-Instagram is an informative portal that hosts some pretty interesting articles.
How it works:
- Go to your Instagram.
- Open the image you need and copy its address.
- Go to the O-Instagram website on your computer and click on “Download photos and videos from Instagram”.
- Paste the copied address into an empty line, holding down Ctrl + V on your keyboard, then click on “Download” .
This resource allows you to share pictures also on Vkontakte and Facebook.
Stapico or Webstagram site
It is not only a service for downloading content to your computer. It can be called the author’s version of Instagram, where you can do everything that you do on the social network: watch the life of show business stars, leave comments and post your content on your profile.
How it works:
- Go to your Instagram.
- Open the desired post and copy its address from the address bar.
- Go to the Stapico website.
- Scroll to the very bottom of the page.
- Look at the bottom left corner. Find the button “Download photo / video” and click on it.
- Paste the copied address into an empty line and click “Go”.
- Download the file to the folder you need.
Save other people’s posts on Instagram without downloading them
You can do without downloading photos to your computer, you can simply save them to your Instagram bookmarks.
How to do it:
- Select the post you want and click on the checkbox.
- What you save this way will appear in your profile in the “Saved” tab.
If you need to distribute content to specific folders, click on the checkbox and hold it. In the window that appears, select the necessary directory to save or create a new one so that the record will be saved in it.
What’s especially nice is that no one except you will have access to view these posts until you publish them.
Now you know all the available ways to save Instagram photos to your computer. Each of them has its own advantages and disadvantages. Try each one to choose what works for you.
Regards, Larisa Patsula
specially for the proudalenku.ru project