In this article, you will learn:
- How to add a link to Instagram Stories: external and internal.
- Why do we need links in Instagram Stories.
All tips and tricks are relevant in 2021.
How to link to Instagram Stories
There are two types of links in Stories:
- External. Links to third party sites and blogs. You can add an external link only when you reach 10,000 subscribers in your profile. Otherwise, the option will be unavailable. Also, when you attach a link to Stories, a swipe button will appear.
- Internal. These are links to posts, accounts and stories on Instagram. This option is available to all users.
Let’s take a look at each method separately: first we’ll show you how to add an external link to Stories, then an internal one.
Again: you can only attach an active link to a third-party website if your account has 10,000 subscribers. If all the conditions are met on your Instagram account, then follow the instructions below.
Important: Want to get 10,000 Instagram followers fast? The Likemania service will help you.
Here you can gain subscribers – cheap and safe. Also in Likemania, you can attract likes, comments and views.
You can wind up live subscribers or bots. Start promoting your profile right now.
Increase subscribers, likes, views >>>
First step – start creating a new Story.
Second step – edit Stories: add the desired photo, shoot a video.
Third step – click on the link icon located at the top of the interface.
Fourth step – the “Additional features” window will open. Here select the option “Link to site”.
Fifth step – enter an external link: to a blog, an online store, a company website, a YouTube channel.
Now we need to add a call to action. Users need to swipe up to follow the link. A “More” button and an up arrow will appear at the bottom of the screen.
Therefore, add text or an emoticon to Stories with a call to swipe up.
Your task is to highlight the swipe button. Make an emphasis on it so that subscribers will definitely follow the link.
Now let’s add links to Stories for posts, other accounts and IGTV. This functionality is available to all users.
1. Link to post
To place a link to a publication in the History, open the required post. Click the share button – the paper airplane icon.
In the window that opens, select the function “Add a post to your Story”
Thus, you can add a link in Stories to your own or someone else’s post. For example, if you have a new post, then announce it in Stories to increase the organic reach of the post.
2. IGTV Video Link
Open an IGTV video – yours or someone else’s. Click on the paper plane icon – it’s next to the like and comment icons.
In the window that opens, select the “Add video to your story” option.
3. Links to Instagram account
You can also insert a link in the Story to the account of another person, you need to go to the section for creating a new Story. Next, open the section with stickers. Select the “@ Mention” sticker.
Enter the login of the required Instagram profile. This will add a clickable link to someone else’s account.
This is important: Do you dream of becoming popular on Instagram and start making over 50,000 a month? Do you want to attract new clients for your business? Zengram will help you with this.
This is a completely safe tool for professional promotion on Instagram. The tool works automatically – interacts with your target audience. The results of promotion will be in 2-3 hours after the start.
Try it, the first 3 days of work are free.
Start promoting your Instagram account for free >>>
Why do I need a link in the Story: use cases
How to use links in Stories:
- Advertise your side projects. You can post a link to your YouTube video, blog article, product in the online store.
- Promotion of other bloggers. Recommend interesting Instagram profiles in your niche.
- Announcement of posts and videos. Have you posted a post or uploaded a video? Tell about new publications in Stories. This will increase the reach of your posts.
- Participation in sweepstakes. Often, to participate in sweepstakes, you need to repost contest posts to Stories.
- Promotion of your products and services. Share a link in Stories for your products, services, information products.
Now you know how to add a link to Instagram. As you can see, there is nothing difficult about this: for example, to make an external link, it is enough to follow five simple steps.
Use this instruction and promote your own and other people’s goods, services, accounts.