In this article, you will learn:
- Why search for a target audience on Instagram.
- How to find a target audience: 5 tips.
- Services that will help you quickly collect leads / subscribers.
How to build an audience on Instagram.
All tips and tricks are relevant in 2020.
Why search for your target audience on Instagram?
Target audience is a group of users who are interested in your product / service or content. A simple example: you are the owner of a women’s clothing store. Your target audience is girls and women from 18 to 35 years old.
Information about the target audience will help you promote your profile. For example, when setting up targeted advertising, you can specify the gender, age and geography of users who will see your advertising message.
Also, if you know your target audience “by sight”, then it is much easier for you to create content. An analysis of the interests of users will help with this.
The main parameters of the target audience:
- Age .
- Interests and hobbies.
- Geographical location.
- Income level.
After collecting information about the audience, you need to create a portrait of a potential subscriber or client. For example: gender – men, age – 35-40 years, interests – fishing and hunting, income level – 45-50 thousand rubles.
How to find your target audience: TOP-5 tips
Let’s move on to the main part of the article. Let’s see how to find your target audience on Instagram.
Analyze your main competitors. To do this, find 5-10 accounts with a large audience – for example, from 10,000 subscribers.
What to look for first:
- Comments. See who writes comments on posts. As a rule, this is the most active audience. Study the profiles of the commentators – you can understand the age, geography and interests of the user from the photos and description of the account.
- Likes. Analyze the people who like your competitor’s photos and videos. Go through their accounts to collect the information you need: hobbies, geolocation, age, gender.
Search target audience by thematic hashtags. Find 15-20 keywords that are relevant to your topic. For example, if you have an online store that sells sports equipment, then search for users using the tags # sports, # fitness, # gym.
Users publish posts using these hashtags. They are most interested in the topic of sports – which means that they can become potential buyers.
The best way to find a target audience for a regional business is to use geotags. On Instagram, you can search for posts by geolocation: specify a city, country or region, after which a list of photos and videos will open.
Some of the users who put the geotags you need live in the specified city or area. Geolocation will also help to study the interests and place of work of the user.
For example, if a person often publishes photos from one office, then with a high degree of probability he works there.
Conduct subscriber polls. Ask standard questions: what age they are, what they do, what their hobbies are. This data will help to collect detailed information about the target audience.
Based on the information received, compose a portrait of a potential subscriber / client.
Publics and opinion leaders
Analyze thematic public pages and blogger accounts. For example, if you have an online clothing store, then find 5-10 fashion posts.
Subscribers to these profiles are your potential customers. Pay special attention to active users who like and write comments.
How to determine and collect target audience automatically: 2 services
You can manually define the target audience. We talked about this above. But collecting a list of users yourself is long and ineffective.
Therefore, it is best to automate all actions. Special services will help you with this. Consider the TOP-2 online tools for finding and collecting target audience on Instagram.
This is an online service that will help you collect a list of Instagram users. Another tool helps to get data about target audience.
- Collection of accounts by hashtags, geolocation, subscriptions and subscribers.
- User filtering: by privacy, gender, number of subscriptions and subscribers.
- Exclusion from the list of commercial pages and bots.
- Data collection: phone number, website link, email, profile description.
- Upload a list for free use.
Try Zengram Parser Free >>>
The second service for finding target audience is Tooligram. It is an online service for promoting on Instagram. It works in the cloud so you can use the Tooligram from your phone, computer or tablet.
- Search for target audience by specified parameters: competitors, hashtags, geolocation.
- Mass subscription to target audiences.
- Liking posts of potential subscribers / customers.
- Newsletter messages in Direct.
Try Tooligram for free >>>
How to build an audience on Instagram?
So, you have compiled a portrait of the target audience, selected thematic tags, found competitors. Now you need to somehow attract users to your Instagram account.
The Zengram service will help you with this. It is an online tool for promoting on Instagram.
Zengram automatically subscribes to the target audience, puts likes, watches stories and sends welcome messages to Direct. You do not need to complete tasks – just specify competitors, hashtags or geotags.
- Smart filters to help you get only live subscribers.
- Complete profile security.
- All actions are performed on autopilot.
- The first 3 days – free.
Try Zengram service >>>
Now you know how to find your target audience on Instagram. As you can see, there is nothing difficult here. You can perform all actions manually. But the best thing is to automate the process of finding and attracting target audience.