In this article, you will learn:
- How to find a person on Instagram: 9 working ways.
- Why you can’t find a specific user: reasons.
How to find a person on Instagram: 9 ways
Without a lengthy introduction, let’s move on to the practical part of the article. Let’s take a look at 9 working ways to find someone on Instagram.
The easiest way is to find a person through an internal search on Instagram. To do this, open the app on your phone or the web version on your computer and go to the search section.
You can find a person using the following data:
- First and last name. Just enter the name and surname of the person you want in the search, and a list of users will open.
- Nickname. This is a more accurate way to search – just enter the user’s nickname. The only drawback with this method is that you need to know the nickname of the person.
This is important: Do you dream of becoming popular on Instagram and start making money? Do you want to attract new subscribers and customers for your business? This will help the Zengram service – a tool for professional and safe promotion.
The tool attracts only live subscribers – your target audience. There is a free trial period (3 days).
The first results of promotion (new subscribers and clients) – already in 2-3 hours after the start.
Start promoting your account for free >>>
Via other social networks
You can find a person on Instagram through other social networks. Unfortunately, this method does not always work: the user may not provide a link to his Instagram profile on another social network.
For example, to find a person on VK, you need:
- Go to your Vkontakte profile.
- Find the right person – through the search or the list of friends.
- Go to his page and open information about yourself. There is a line with a link to your Instagram account.
You can also find the user through Facebook. To do this, open the Instagram app on your phone and go to the account menu … There is a section called “Interesting people” – open it.
Connect to Facebook to follow your friends.
Via Google or Yandex
Another way to find people is Google or Yandex search engines.
The principle of action is as simple as possible:
- Go to the site of the search engine.
- Enter the query: “Person’s name + instagram”. Example: Ivan Ivanov Instagram.
- A list of Instagram accounts with the name “Ivan Ivanov” will appear in the search results. For a more detailed search, you can specify the location of a person: for example, “Ivan Ivanov Instagram Moscow”.
This method allows you to find a person without registering on a social network.
Search by hashtags
Sometimes a person can be found by a hashtag. Some users use #Tags to promote their personal brand.
For example, psychologist Ivan Ivanov uses the hashtag # IvanIvanov. Thanks to this, it can be found by this keyword.
But remember that this method works very rarely, as ordinary users rarely use such tags.
Subscriptions to other accounts
Another way to find people on Instagram is to view followers. For example, you want to find a friend of yours whom you haven’t seen for many years. Open your mutual acquaintances’ Instagram account and see who they follow.
The user list will probably include the buddy you are looking for.
And you can also track who the account you are interested in has subscribed to and whom he likes. Perhaps there is a person you need among these people. The Instashpion service will help you with this.
It helps to keep track of likes, comments and subscriptions: acquaintances, soulmates or children.
Start using Instashpion for free >>>
By phone number
You can find a person on Instagram by phone number – through contacts. There is a separate article on our site dedicated to this topic. Therefore, we will not repeat ourselves.
If you want to use this method, then read the article “How to find a person on Instagram by phone number”.
Search by photo
In some cases, you can find a user by a personal photo. To do this, we need a Google Image Search function.
Upload the desired picture and start searching. The PS algorithm can find the right person from a photo – it collects results from social networks. There is a chance that the search results will contain a link to the account of the person you need.
Another way to find people is by geolocation. Users often geotag their posts.
Of course, looking for a person by a city or country tag is stupid. It is very difficult and will take a lot of time.
The best option is to indicate his address or place of work. If he has ever published a photo with this geolocation, then you will find his posts – and hence the account.
Ask mutual friends
At the end of the list – the most commonplace way. Just find out if there is a person you need on Instagram from mutual acquaintances.
Yes, it does not always work – there is a possibility that you simply do not have mutual acquaintances. In this case, use the methods already described above.
Why can’t find a person: main reasons
Let’s take a look at the main reasons why you can’t find a specific user on Instagram:
- The person does not use this social network.
- The user has blocked you. Therefore, his account is not displayed in the search results.
- The Instagram administration has blocked the user.
- The person deliberately deleted his page.