In this article, you will learn how to edit your Instagram profile. We’ll show you how to change your account information from your phone and computer.
How to edit an Instagram profile: 2 ways
Let’s start with the practical part – let’s edit the Instagram profile. First from your phone, then from your computer.
To edit your Instagram page via the mobile app, open your personal profile. On the main page of your account there is a button “Edit Profile” – click on it.
The Instagram account editor will open.
Here you can edit the following data:
- Avatar (main profile photo).
- Username (nickname).
- Website. For example, you can insert a link to your personal blog or online store.
- About me. This is the main header section. Add detailed information about yourself or your company, such as what you do, working hours, shipping and payment methods.
- Publicly available company information. If you have a business account connected, you can: connect a Facebook page, change the profile category, choose a method for quick communication (e-mail or phone), add action buttons, set up displaying information in your profile.
At the bottom of the section, there is a blue “Personal Information Settings” button. Here you can change or add: email address, phone number, gender, birthday.
The information in this section does not appear on the public profile.
This is important: Do you dream of becoming popular on Instagram and start making money? Do you want to attract new subscribers and customers for your business? This will help the Zengram service – a tool for professional and safe promotion.
The tool attracts only live subscribers – your target audience. There is a free trial period (3 days).
The first results of promotion (new subscribers and clients) – already in 2-3 hours after the start.
Start promoting your account for free >>>
You can edit your Instagram profile from your PC. To do this, launch the web version of the social network and go to your personal page.
To the right of the nickname there is a button “Edit profile” – click on it.
A section will open where you can change the following information:
- Profile photo (avatar).
- Name. You can change your name no more than 2 times within 14 days.
- Username (nickname).
- Website. For example, you can insert a link to your landing page.
- About me. Here you can enter important information about yourself.
Also in the section for editing the profile there is a subsection “Personal information”.
Here you can change:
- Email address.
- Phone number.
- Enable or disable similar account recommendations.
- Temporarily disable your account.
Why edit your account: goals and objectives
Now let’s talk about why you need to edit your account. Let’s consider the main goals and objectives. Briefly.
- You made a mistake while registering your profile: for example, you entered the wrong name. To fix the error, edit your profile.
- You want to design your profile beautifully: upload a bright and memorable avatar, add buttons for communication. For more information on how to properly set up an Instagram account, read our article.
- You want to add more information to the header: for example, payment and delivery methods.
- You want to change your personal information : for example, your phone number has changed, so you need to provide up-to-date information.