Instagram is a popular mobile application. It is not only an entertainment resource where you can share photos and videos, but also a platform for making money. Everyone knows how to post with a photo from a smartphone, and only a few how to do it from a computer. Read all the details in our article.
Publishing photos and videos using a browser
Site users are often looking for an answer to the question – how to add a photo to Instagram from a computer. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to simply open your browser and download the publication in the standard way.
The fact is that the application is closed source and in order to load the material, the system must “recognize” the camera and the touch screen. However, there are several ways to add a photo from your PC.
Downloading materials through the Chrome browser
You can add material by converting the web version of Instagram to a mobile one. This will allow you to create posts and stories in a similar way to the official app. To do this, you need to open a browser, find a social networking site in Yandex or another search engine and log into your account.
- Type the Shift + Ctrl + I combination on your keyboard or right-click on an empty field – select the “View Code” command, thus, you will open the developer mode.
- In the window that appears, find an icon representing several monitors or smartphones and click on it. If you do not have this icon, you can transfer the web version to the mobile version using Shift + Ctrl + M.
- In the top line you will see Responsive – this function allows you to select the type of mobile device from the proposed list.
After you have launched the site in smartphone mode, you should adjust the scale and then refresh the page. Subsequently, you will see the familiar interface typical of mobile versions.
Useful links: Most popular hashtags on Instagram: a detailed guide, Titles for posts on Instagram: examples and rules, Work on Instagram remotely: all about vacancies and tips.
Download materials via Mozilla Firefox browser
You can also download materials from the Mozilla Firefox browser. The actions are almost the same as in the first option.
- In the search bar, look for the Instagram site, log in and type the combination Shift + Ctrl + I.
- After the developer mode opens, click on the icon depicting a smartphone. Select the type of your mobile device using the “Responsive” button.
- Once you have completed all these steps, refresh the page, but do not close the main window.
Now you can upload photos as in the mobile application by clicking on the “+” icon.
Loading materials via Opera
Actions are similar to the previous ones.
Using online services
Online services also allow you to upload one or multiple photos from your PC. In addition, you can use them to promote your profile. They are quite convenient to use. However, most of the resources are paid, and in order to be content with all their benefits, you will have to buy a subscription.
After registration, you upload a photo, specify the time, and the system posts the post automatically, but for this you need to enter your page data (login and password) so that the post is posted without your participation. It should be noted that this type of posting is not the safest.
Windows 10 Store App
Another way to upload photos from a PC to Instagram is using the application, but this option is only suitable for owners of the Windows 10 operating system. What do you need to do?
- Open the official Microsoft Store and download the social network. After installation, you must go through authorization.
- In the top line you will see the camera icon, click on it.
- Next, the system will ask you to provide access to the microphone and camera.
- Once you give permission, minimize the window, go to Pictures and open the Camera Album folder. Copy the necessary photos there for subsequent uploading to Instagram.
- Return to the application and select the desired material for publication. If necessary, add filters and text.
- When all the manipulations are complete, click on “Publish”.
As you can see, you can upload photos and videos to Instagram without programs or third-party online -services.
Post content using the Android PC emulator
If you have Windows 7 or Windows 8 installed on your computer, do not worry, there is an alternative option. Special programs, or in other words emulators, allow you to work with Android applications right on your PC.
By downloading the mobile version of Instagram for a computer, you can publish materials without a smartphone. However, this process is somewhat time consuming, but reliable. First, install the Nox Player program from the official website.
- After downloading, go to the Play Market – the system will ask you to log in to your Google account or register.
- Upload the required photos to the folder C: Users your username Nox_share Image.
- Next, you need to install the Instagram application from the Play Market (all this is in the emulator) and then enter your profile. The publishing process is similar to a mobile app. And, to find photos, and you need to go to the “Gallery”, then open “Others” and “Internal device memory”.
Now let’s see how to add content using BlueStacks.
- The first thing you need is to install the program itself, you can also do this from the official resource.
- Now find the Play Market and install Instagram.
- Next, click on an icon representing a folder – this will be an overview of the photo, where you can select the desired file.
After that, you need to decide on the application that will be used to launch – in this case, Instagram. Now you can publish photos using a well-known scheme.
How to post photos and videos using social network Facebook Creator Studio
You can also add a post through the popular social network Facebook, or rather, using the Creator Studio section. This tool allows you to post and schedule posts on Instagram in advance. The only drawback is the inability to create stories.
The first step is to switch your account from a regular page to a professional one – this can be either an author profile or a business account. How to do it:
- Open the mobile application and go to the settings.
- In the “Account” section, click “Switch to professional” and then follow the prompts.
How you see, there is nothing complicated. This manipulation will take you, at most, a couple of minutes, and you can return to the usual type of your profile at any time.
Make sure your page is linked to Facebook, if not, then you need to.
- In the Instagram application in your account, find the section “Edit” or “Edit profile” – the names depend on the type of your mobile device (iOS or Android).
- Further, in the item “Page »Follow the prompts to link your Facebook profile to the social network.
- After you complete this operation, open Creator Studio through a browser. At the top of the window, you will see the Instagram icon, click on it and log in with your profile. Select Instagram Feed.
- Create a post by clicking on the Create a post button on the left panel and then on the Instagram Feed.
You can upload content using the Add Content button. And then Publish. Before posting on Instagram, you will be offered two options for publishing either “Publish Now” or “Schedule” – choose whichever suits you best.
However, if you do not want to post pictures immediately, you can specify the time, and the post will appear on the site automatically.
How to add multiple Instagram photos in one post from computer
You can upload several photos at once by installing a special application or using the online service. There is also a program created for publishing photographs – Gramblr. However, not all users want to install additional software.
Let’s look at several ways to add a series of photos to Instagram.
1. Instmsk Service
Enter www.instmsk.ru in the address bar. Register or log in using the social network. Now find the icon in the form of a house on the page, click on it. You will be presented with a menu where you can choose to upload multiple photos.
As soon as the page opens, decide on the type of publication – in our case – “Upload photos and videos in one post”. Drag the necessary images into the special window or click on it and select the files.
After uploading, you can edit the picture, add hashtags, location. Once you’re done tinkering with the photo, set a post time and post.
2. Smmplanner service
You can also upload materials through Smmplanner. The service allows you to create deferred publications in popular social networks. You can make up to 50 free posts per month. If this is not enough for you, then you need to purchase an additional package.
The site is quite convenient to use. To get started, find the service in a search engine, open it, register or log in using social networks.
Find the “Accounts” tab and add your Instagram profile. Switch back to the Posting tab and select Schedule Post.
Click on the “Photo / Video” icon and attach the pictures you like.
3. Gramblr Service
Alternatively, you can share a series of photos using the Gramblr resource:
- Download the program from the official site, it will appear on your PC as an archive.
- Then you need to unpack it and run the file.
- Next, the system will offer you to register.
- After that, click on “Download Now” and drag the necessary photos into a special window or click on it.
- If you wish, you can process the photo to your liking, add a description and hashtags.
- After all the manipulations, save the image, select the publication time and click “Submit”.
Now you know how to add several photos to Instagram.
Why Instagram lowers the quality of photos
Instagram is a popular and free mobile application, thanks to which we exchange photos and videos. In addition, it allows you to apply various filters to your pictures, and thus make them more attractive.
It’s no secret that a high-quality image is primarily important for those who use this resource to promote business, sell, or share their work with the public. But, unfortunately, when posting a photo, the result does not always satisfy us. This also applies to videos.
Of course, using filters can significantly improve your image, but sometimes the opposite situation occurs – the image is distorted. The service was originally aimed at adding a large number of photos and quickly accessing them, and therefore the deterioration in image quality is quite understandable. Reasons:
- uploading photos to the site, the program “fits” them to fit its parameters and crops them to the desired size;
- trying to reduce the photo, the service compresses the published image and, as a result, its quality decreases;
- when uploading a photo, the number of pixels is reduced – this is necessary in order to speed up access to the file;
- the published image must be of a certain size, in this case 1080×1080. You cannot exceed the resolution;
- it is worth taking into account the photo format, as the jpg quality on the output will be worse.
To reduce the photo without losing quality, use special programs – this is a rather time-consuming process, but the result will not be long in coming. If this is not possible, then you can try to get a high-quality picture in the photo hosting itself.
This solution is suitable for pictures taken on Android. In the settings select “Advanced settings” and click on “High quality image processing”. The result should now be better.
As for other smartphones, here are some tips for improving photo quality:
- images will be of better quality if you send them from an IOS application;
- “fit” the photo to acceptable parameters in a good program and only then upload it to the site;
- recommended take photos and videos in the application itself;
- do not exceed the specified extension 1080×1080;
- if you wish, you can upload photos in png format.
And if if you do not want to crop your picture, but at the same time you want to preserve the quality, you can use the InstaSize, Whitagram applications. And No Grop will not only allow you to place an uncropped photo, but also apply filters to it.
Now you know how to add a photo to Instagram from a computer, how to achieve the maximum quality of pictures and what programs and services can help you with this.
Sincerely, Tatiana Shagarina
specially for the proudalenku.ru project