Few users know that to create drawings from scratch and work with ready-made images, you can use the Canvas online editor. It is quite simple and intuitive. But for the development of a unique design and uniform style of sites, social networks are not suitable.
For these purposes, you need to use other editors with advanced functionality. Of course, it will be difficult for novice users to immediately understand even the online analogue of Photoshop.
Better to use an efficient website builder with ready-made templates and customization options, such as the Canva editor. This editor for designers should not be confused with the graphic editor from Google – Canvas. Today we will talk about the latter.
What is Canvas?
This is an online editor that allows you to create drawings directly in the browser. You do not need to download and install something on your computer. All the editor’s functionality is available immediately after clicking on the link and logging into your Google profile.
If you need to create a profile from scratch, then just go through a simple registration and email confirmation.
To work in the editor, you do not need to know a complex programming language and use html codes. The functionality of the editor is quite simple; even a novice user can create an image using the mouse. If you are using a graphics tablet, you can use the stylus.
All drawings created in the editor will be saved in the Google account that was used to sign in. In this case, full synchronization occurs between all devices.
This is very convenient. After all, if it is necessary to finish the started image, then this can be done even from another computer, much later. It is enough to log into your Google account without registering in the editor itself.
Useful links: Gamification of learning this, Yandex Messenger what it is, Paint to draw online without downloading.
How to create a picture in the editor?
In order to start working in the editor, you need to go to the online editor. To do this, click on the link. After the welcome window, the main screen will open. It is important to decide how the drawing will be created.
There are only two buttons at the top of the window:
- “Create picture” – the work will be done from scratch.
- “Create from image” – the picture will be created using the picture as a background.
Depending on the tasks, each user chooses how to work next. Suppose you need a picture from scratch, without a starting background. It can be a small sketch, a sketch, a cartoon, the completion of an assignment for the next drawing lesson.
Step-by-step instructions for creating a picture:
Click on the “Create picture” button. A working canvas will open with the necessary tools for work.
First, it is important to decide on the color of the lines. To do this, select the main color for work from the left panel. That is, click on the top icon of the left panel. A small window with two tabs will open. The first tab “Palette” allows you to choose a color from several suggested for use.
In the second Custom Colors tab, you can select the desired shade. If the hexadecimal color code is known, then it can be specified in the corresponding window. This will make it easier to find a shade to create a drawing.
The choice of color is carried out at once for all offered tools. To draw a line of a different shade, you need to make the appropriate selection in the first or second tabs.
After that, you need to specify the thickness and transparency of the lines. To do this, click on the second icon. In the window that opens, use the sliders to set all the parameters: tool size and line transparency.
If it’s not immediately clear whether this or that value is correct, you can make adjustments while working.
Then select a drawing tool. There are four options available:
Each tool creates a certain effect when painting. For example, a nib is a very thin and clear line, a pencil is slightly thicker, and a chalk is unevenly applied.
However, the line size for each tool will be different. To select or change a tool, just click on the desired image. You don’t have to paint with just one tool. The drawing will look more interesting and expressive if you make small strokes with different lines.
When drawing with the mouse, all lines of one tool will have the same thickness. If you draw with a stylus, the pressure will be displayed. This is not stated in the editor’s description. But it is important to try this option in practice.
If you need to delete a certain line, then you need to click on the “Eraser” icon. It’s at the very end of the toolbar. After that, move to the selected line, press the mouse button and drag over the element to be deleted.
Even in this version of creating a picture from scratch, the function of adding a colored background is available. To do this, click on the “Layers” icon. It is located in the upper right corner of the picture you are creating.
A transparent background is always selected by default. In order to fill it with color, you need to click on the second part of the window that opens.
A palette will then be available to select a specific color or custom shade. To fill, just specify the desired option and color.
If a mistake was made when creating a picture, then the last action can be undone. The buttons “Undo” and “Redo” are located at the top of the screen in the center. Just click on the required button to change your actions.
Once the drawing is ready, you can save it to your computer for later use or correction. To do this, click on the button in the upper right corner. From the drop-down menu select the item: Save as picture. The image will be saved in png format.
If you need to postpone the work on the picture, you can close the editor window. All started and completed projects are on the main page. To check this, just click on the button in the upper left corner in the form of a house.
In the lower right corner of each created image there is an icon for invoking the menu. The picture can be renamed, downloaded and deleted. If you click on the deferred image, you can continue working on adjusting it in the tool window.
How to style an image for Instagram?
The resulting drawing can be added to any social network after saving on a computer. It doesn’t matter what it will be: a post or an article on Vkontakte, Facebook or even Instagram. But without additional design elements, the picture will not attract attention.
To process the picture, you can use the online editor Canva, which is often confused with the graphic editor from Google. After all, Canvas does not have the ability to make an inscription or add a design element to an already created picture.
Canva’s online photo editor online is completely different. After all, there are a lot of opportunities for creating a uniform style for social networks, attractive images for Instagram and more.
In order to make the image obtained in the Canvas editor more attractive, it is enough to follow a few steps:
- Go to Canva’s online designer maker.
- Register and enter your occupation. This step will determine how many and which templates will be available for use.
- Select the required template type and format. The list of all available options will be opened immediately after registration. This is where it is important to choose the format you want. It all depends on how the final image will be used. If the processed image needs to be posted on Instagram, then it is important to choose one format. If you want to get a banner, then choose something else. In the free version of the editor, it is impossible to resize the image. This should be taken into account when choosing a format.
- This will open a new window with available templates. Choose the template you want. At this stage, it doesn’t matter which images were used to create the template. Everything can be changed, even fonts, labels and small images.
- After choosing a template, you can start editing. Insert the picture obtained in the online editor Canvas, supplement it with small elements. Replace or add text located on the selected template. Everything is easy to correct.
- After finishing editing, you need to save the resulting version of the image. To do this, click on the button in the upper right corner and select the desired option for saving the picture.
In addition, a mobile application of this editor is available. It can be downloaded for free on your phone or tablet. All the functionality of the program is available in the application. This is where you can perform the following design options:
- Various images for social networks, layouts of posters, flyers, leaflets.
- Apply various filters and additional settings for editing photos and drawings.
- Use ready-made templates or create unique ones from scratch.
- Add your photos and drawings to ready-made templates. You don’t need to download anything, just use the photo gallery on your phone or tablet.
- It is possible to superimpose various photo frames, icons and text on finished photos.
- Publish the received drawing directly to the selected social networks or send by e-mail.
In addition, there is an opportunity to work on one project, drawing, design by a team of professionals. However, such a command can only be created on the official website of the editor.
Useful life hacks: How to install an online consultant on a website, How to create a cloud for storing files, How to use Zoom.
Advantages of the Online Canvas Editor
Despite the simplicity of working with the editor, there are several advantages over other analogues.
- Canvas editor – completely in Russian. You don’t need to translate anything extra. Everything is as clear as possible.
- It’s completely free, there are no hidden fees.
- The editor works great in Mozilla, Chrome browsers. There is no need to download anything to your computer.
- There is synchronization between all devices within one Google account. If you started drawing on the road, you can finish it later.
- As simple as possible. Even a novice user will understand the interface.
This online editor is most suitable for sketches, sketches. It is most convenient for performing small tasks when learning to draw from scratch. After all, the minimal set of tools and ease of use help to make a simple sketch and bring it to the final result.
Briefly about the main thing
Of course, the online editor does not even match the Paint program in functionality. But simplicity, accessibility, synchronization from any device are huge advantages. User reviews confirm this, as the rating of the editor’s work is 4.1 points.
So, the online Canvas editor is a great opportunity to try your hand at creating a basic drawing for further work. It is the simplest online editor of the ten most popular, with various features.
Sincerely, Olga Lyalyukova
specially for the proudalenku.ru project