In this article, you will learn:
- The best time to post on Instagram.
- Why choose the best time to post.
- How often to post.
- TOP-3 services to work with publications.
All tips and tricks are fully relevant in 2021.
Why choose the optimal time for posts on Instagram?
Let’s start with an example: let’s say you’re an Instagram blogger. Every day you post at different times: Monday at 13:00, Tuesday at 18:00, Wednesday at 19:00. The reach for publications that come out at 13:00 – 580, and for posts that come out at 18:00 – 900.
This means that your target audience is most active at 18:00. Posts published during this time are getting more likes, views and comments.
But this is just an example. You have yet to find your ideal time to post.
By publishing posts – photos, videos – and Stories at the optimal time for your profile, you can be sure that the majority of your audience will see a note, video or story. This has a positive effect on the growth of subscribers and sales (if you have a commercial account).
Choosing the best time for publishing
The timing depends on your target audience. Therefore, first you need to make a portrait of your client: what is his gender and age; what are you interested in; where he lives.
Example: you are the owner of an online store that sells cosmetics. Target audience – girls from 18 to 24 years old, mostly female students. This means that in the morning she will not be active – so there is no point in publishing posts at 8:00, 9:00 or 10:00. The coverage will be minimal.
Based on your target audience, the optimal time for posts will be from 17:00 to 22:00. As a rule, the audience aged 18 to 24 is active during this period: they come from work, school.
If you have an audience of teenagers, then you can start publishing materials as early as 14:00. Their peak of activity lasts until 20:00 – then there is a decline.
If you have a wide audience – mothers on maternity leave, teenagers, students – then the only way to find the perfect time for publications is to experiment.
Try to post at different times every day: for example, publish a post today at 12:00, and tomorrow at 14:00. Follow this strategy for a week, preferably two.
Look at what time your posts are getting more likes, comments. Be sure to study your account statistics – look at the coverage at different times. Experienced, you will find the best time when your target audience is most active.
In general, if we talk about the activity of Instagram users, then keep in mind the following numbers:
- The first peak of audience activity is from 11:00 to 16:00.
- The second peak of activity is from 17:00 to 23:00.
This is important: Do you dream of becoming popular on Instagram and start making money? Do you want to attract new subscribers and customers for your business? This will help the Zengram service – a tool for professional and safe promotion.
The tool attracts only live subscribers – your target audience. There is a free trial period (3 days).
The first results of promotion (new subscribers and clients) – already in 2-3 hours after the start.
Start promoting your account for free >>>
Choosing the best day for posts
Audience activity depends not only on the time of publication, but also on the day of the week. Based on this, you need to competently draw up your content plan for the week: entertainment materials should be published on one day, and selling posts on another.
What to publish by day of the week:
- Monday. The first working day of the week. People after the weekend, which means selling them something that day is not the best idea. So post entertainment on Monday.
- Tuesday. On Tuesday, you can publish informational and educational content – instructions, reviews, recommendations.
- Wednesday. You can sell on this day of the week – post posts with special offers, promotions.
- Thursday. You can post any content on Thursday: entertaining or educational.
- Friday. The end of the working week is the time to prepare for the weekend. Publish entertaining content; at the same time, you can try to put a selling post.
- Saturday. First day off. As a rule, on this day there is very low activity of the audience: people go to cafes, bars, go to nature. Therefore, it is better to post on Saturday from 10:00 to 14:00.
- Sunday. On this day, the audience is most active throughout the day. Therefore, you can post posts at any time. Focus on entertainment content, but it can be diluted with sales and educational posts.
Banal conclusion: Selling is best on weekdays, and entertain on weekends.
What time should you broadcast live?
Live streaming is a great way to communicate with your audience. Also, this format attracts new subscribers.
Broadcasts are best done in the evening – from 19:00 to 23:00. This is the time when your target audience is at home and can allocate 1-2 hours to watch the broadcast.
As for the day of the week, we recommend that you broadcast live on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
How often do you post?
The organic reach of posts depends on the frequency of publication But this does not mean that if you post 5-10 photos, Stories or videos every day, your audience growth will noticeably increase.
The frequency of posts depends on your account:
- Business accounts. 4-5 publications per week will be enough. For example, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday. Try to diversify your content: selling, informational and entertainment.
- Blogs. Here, unlike commercial accounts, posts can be posted every day. This will make you appear more frequently in your followers’ feed. But no more than two posts per day.
- Personal pages. At your discretion – you can publish posts every day, once a week or once a month. But if you want to gain an audience, then, as in the case of blogs, try to post interesting content as often as possible.
Services to help: TOP-2 tools
Now we will share with you two services that will help you with your publications:
- Parasite. This is a postponed posting service on Instagram. You do not have to post all posts manually: just specify the desired time and date for the post to be released, and Parasite will automatically post the post. You can work from your phone and computer.
- LiveDune. It is a useful analytics tool. You can view detailed account statistics: for example, at what time the audience is most active. Thus, thanks to LiveDune, you will find the optimal time for your photos, videos, Stories.
We hope you were able to find the best time to post on Instagram. Of course, all the recommendations from this article are not the ultimate truth. Finding the optimal time can only be experienced.
Only by experimenting will you find out what time your posts “go” best: morning, afternoon or evening.